I seem to have missed something

General 2018 General.2018 at outlook.com
Fri Jul 26 09:48:50 EDT 2024

A Freeware app can have commercial use and bound via its EULA. Terms of use, copyright, disclaimers etc etc.

Smart Televisions have freeware apps with the commercial profit only coming from the televisions sold. The freeware app has commercial purpose but does not generate income alone.

definition :-

“Commercial software is computer software that serves commercial purposes. It is created to make profit and can be either proprietary or free. The best example is Oracle. An authorized license is required to use the program, and the code is kept a secret. Thus, it cannot be distributed to third parties. At the same time, there are no restrictions in the package when it comes to features and the period of usage.”