I seem to have missed something

Kevin Miller kevin at livecode.com
Fri Jul 26 07:43:29 EDT 2024

Would it be better if it just said "Made with LiveCode"?

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Build Amazing Things

On 26/07/2024, 12:06, "use-livecode on behalf of Keith Martin via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com> on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

> On 26 Jul 2024, at 11:14, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:
>
> Free apps will display a LiveCode Create badge throughout the app, and will have “Made with LiveCode – Non Commercial Use Only” notices you are not permitted to disable.

Thanks for posting this. I'm happy to include some kind of 'made with' branding in something I make and give away but I feel uncomfortable telling people how they should or shouldn't use it.

The IP involved in everything that goes into a LiveCode stack or app is substantial, but it's not as if the framework can be repurposed! As analogies go the following is of course flawed so please forgive me, but it does feel a bit like Adobe wanting to restrict or charge for PDFs. (Or, back in the days of Flash, for SWF products.)