I seem to have missed something

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Jul 25 20:02:14 EDT 2024

On 26/07/2024 00:46, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:
> But the primary app I developed IS commercial by their definition.
>
> Bob S

Commercial ?  I guess so.

But I don't see that it fits the criteria for "Internal apps"; that
category is for apps that have been developed by a company, paying
either an employee or contractor to develop it.

In your case, you did the app in your own time, using your own LC
license. You're not employed to do coding, and didn't get paid for any
coding you did. The app, and any associated IP, belongs to you - not to
any company. It therefore qualifies as an "app for sale".

So put the app on an AppStore (or sell it directly), and pay the 5% of
revenue plus one developer seat.

Alex.