[Virus Error] Livecode Future - LC Server and Web licensing

Kevin Miller kevin at livecode.com
Wed Jul 24 08:58:02 EDT 2024

Server will continue yes.

The majority of web deployments will be things that aren't classified as commercial in our model. However if you're building a web platform for paying customers to use or some sort of information system for your employees, then one of the two license types - internal users or apps for sale would apply.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Build Amazing Things

On 24/07/2024, 12:54, "use-livecode on behalf of Raymond Bennett via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com> on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

Kevin and Co. -

Thanks as always for all you've done and continue to do.

Livecode Server didn't get mentioned (that I saw) in this announcement.

My assumption is LC Server will continue. If that's true, then that brings me to the question of licensing for web deployments. If the application does it's work via the web - e.g. an app like the Meetingspace app from the 2022 conference - what is the license model for that?

Thank you.

Ray Bennett