LockLoc and grab

David Epstein dfe4 at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 23 12:32:21 EST 2024

Let me try to clarify the problem I stated.

I am not trying to remove the button, I am trying to use the “grab” command to let a user move the button around the window by dragging it.

If I use a script to “set the loc” of a button to somewhere outside that group’s rectangle
	- the group will resize if its lockLoc property is false (thus keeping the relocated button visible);
	- but the button will disappear if the group’s lockLoc property is true.

But when I use the “grab” command to relocate the button outside the group’s current rectangle the group does not resize even if its lockLoc property is false.