Working with AWS S3 commands

Monte Goulding monte.goulding at livecode.com
Wed Feb 14 00:49:21 EST 2024

Hi Peter

A couple of suggestions are to first check you called AWSSetCredentials with the region your bucket is in. If that is correct then try specifying the full endpoint url as https://s3 <https://s3/>.your-bucket-region.amazonaws.com <https://s3-%3Cregion%3E.amazonaws.com> via the endpoint parameter as AWS appear to have standardised away from the original https://s3-your-bucket-region.amazonaws.com <https://s3-your-bucket-region.amazonaws.com/> which is what the library builds from your region unless it’s us-east-1 in which case it does https://s3.amazonaws.com <https://s3.amazonaws.com/> . It’s possible if you are using a newer region that AWS isn’t supporting the older endpoint style on it.

Let me know how you go with that.

Cheers

Monte