Working with AWS S3 commands

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Tue Feb 13 23:50:38 EST 2024

Hi all,

I’m for the first time trying to use the Amazon AWS S3 commands to upload a file to my AWS storage, but am having difficulty with the PutObject command.

I successfully entered my credentials with the AWSSetCredentials command.

However, using the AWSS3PutObject command I’m getting an error about the bucket name. Either it “can’t find” it or says to use a different end point.

The AWS documentation is unclear to me exactly how to specify the bucket name. Is it a just the name of the bucket (which doesn’t work), or does it include some kind of path? And the region?

Has anyone had success with this?

Peter Bogdanoff