web

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Tue Feb 13 00:02:39 EST 2024

Sean:

 > forced to abandon my projects, income and business as a result....
 > Good luck waiting for LC10 to be anywhere near ready for stable use.

Hi Sean, I feel for you! Sad about the terrible breaks. Whatever you do,
NEVER lose heart; I’ve had ‘rug pulls’ here twice –

1. First with FieldTrip: Fixed development budget raised, while a
partner would test; simple plan.

But LC notified a coming LC 6 change. Coding twice would break budget,
so I asked for details.... Crickets! No info. A general mixup, or
perhaps unrelated secrecy about LC 7?

During that delay, project partner had to move on, so no team testing.
Meanwhile Apple/LC were rapidly changing UI etc, plus I had a hospital
stay and ended up in wheelchair most of the time; not the easiest situation!

2. Second ‘rug pull’ was last year – A client project had delays partly
from health/long COVID, but also largely because of myriad LC bugs and
limitations. Whack-a-mole: field, clipboard, image, web, etc, every area
had something askew!

So, I worked (as it turns out, volunteered) on workarounds and bug
reports or CCs for old bugs, when the non-LC clients probably didn’t
understand or appreciate such things and simply blamed me; an
unprofitable situation. I happen to love workarounds, but this was too
much, especially sans pay in the end.

Thus:

It’s a time when LC should probably focus (LISTEN MORE) on more RELIABLE
code/features and straightforward platform BUILDS, stabilize the base,
not just the next hot exciting trend. As others here have said extremely
well. It delays everything, addons too.

But I know I was put here in LC land for a reason, and wouldn’t change
that! Love LC and its roots.

So MANY good experiences here, beyond those 2 challenging ‘carpet
malfunctions’ above.

What doesn’t kill us ... makes us awesome and mighty. Life requires that
faith and perseverance. Here’s hoping for a great 2024 for all, whatever
it holds, and an even BETTER 2025!

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Radically Innovative Christian LiveCode Development
"PASSION for Elegant, Efficient Code!"
http://livecodeconsulting.com/