Export snapshot - is it usable on LiveCode web apps?

Jimmieson, Phil phil at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Aug 8 05:22:21 EDT 2024

Hi folks,
I’m experimenting with converting one of my LiveCode iPad Apps into a web version, to see how well it works, but there’s an issue that seems to be a deal-breaker. My iPad app takes a screenshot of the LiveCode stack when the user navigates away from the main card, so that the image can be used elsewhere in the app. This works fine on iPad, but I noticed that the web version of the app generates a javascript exception when I try to leave the main card. On checking the dictionary, I noticed that the export snapshot command is not listed as being supported on web. Is this correct? If so, is there an alternative that will work for web?

Thanks

--
Phil Jimmieson (He/Him)
University of Liverpool, Computer Science Department