Android and USB footswitch

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Thu May 25 16:32:25 EDT 2023

Klaus,

this footswitch for example is detected as HID device.
https://www.scythe-eu.com/produkte/pc-zubehoer/usb-foot-switch-ii.html

The functions of the switch(es) have to be configured with the included software on a Windows PC first. After that the switch can be used on other devices without any additonal software.
As most Android devices will support USB keyboards, this should work.

If the Android device has a memory card slot you could store the PDFs on a memory card and let your LC app then access this storage card. To update the PDF files you eihter have  to connect your tablet with your PC or Mac as an external drive or you could remove the memory card from the tablet and use it in a cardreader on a PC or Mac.

I have here an older table laying around which I could send to you. But i have to check its os version first.

Regards,
Matthias