Android and USB footswitch

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Thu May 25 15:49:07 EDT 2023

Hi Mark,

> Am 25.05.2023 um 18:51 schrieb Mark Wieder via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> On 5/25/23 08:22, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
>> Hi friends,
>> I'm still an active musician (bass guitar) and am currently playing in four bands.
>> Nowadays bulky music stands on stage are OUT and tablets are IN!
>> So I am considering to create a little app for myself to display PDF leadsheets
>> (= lyrics and chord symbols) on an Andorid tablet, which I still have to buy. :-)
>> There are some USB footswitches, and I would like to use one of them to browse
>> through the (multipage) PDFs (next page, previous page).
>> Anyone knows if these switches will act like an "external keyboard", means if they
>> will just send any RAWKEY that I could catch in LC?
>> Or will I need something created with LCB to do so?
>
> I use a Lekato Page Turner. It also works with my Lekato Looper.
> <https://www.amazon.com/LEKATO-External-Switching-Functions-Function/dp/B08GYHWGYH>

since LC does not support bluetooth on Android (yet?), I need an USB device. Or does it?
Remember, I want to do it by myself! :-)

Already found a cheap USB device on Amazhon which looks like it could do the job.
But first I need to get a cheap tablet with a not too old Android version, so LC will support it.

> At one point I was also managing to play in four bands. Knocking it down to three simplified my life immensely. Highly recommended.

I am retired, don't have family and a lot more time than money, no problem for me, Sir! :-D

However my two questions are still unanswered.
1. Anyone knows if these switches will act like an "external keyboard", means if they
will just send any RAWKEY that I could catch in LC?

2. Since PDFs are not accessible via "mobilepickmedia" are there ANY other ways to add
some PDFs later without having to download them from some URL?

> --
> Mark Wieder
> ahsoftware at gmail.com

Best