opencard and visual effect

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Tue May 2 13:28:48 EDT 2023

Hi Craig,

> Am 02.05.2023 um 19:17 schrieb Craig Newman via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Klaus.
>
> Come back from the dark side.

I have no idea why you are so possessed by the forum, is it a fetish thing? :-D

Here on the list I already see more than 10 postings to my question, try to outgun
this with the forum. 8-)

> If you do I will send you the stack I made that seems to indicate that “openCard” is sent after the visual effect terminates.

Thank you, but I do not need any other example stack, I want to know it with my stack and I also want to know
why there are differences between the two ways of going to the next card with a visual effect. See my last mails...

> Craig
>> On May 2, 2023, at 1:08 PM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jacque,
>>> Am 02.05.2023 um 18:59 schrieb J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>>> Open the message watcher and compare its report to what you see on screen. That might help.
>> I did and see this:
>> preopencard 7:01:46 PM (0)
>> opencard 7:01:46 (3)
>> I may be a bit slow, but what does the three millisecs difference tell me? 8-)
>> That everyting (pre- and opencard) does in fact happen AFTER the visual effect?

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major