Writing to Mac Support folder

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jun 29 16:50:50 EDT 2023

Short version: how do I bypass Gatekeeper to write a prefs file?

I need to save a file in ~/Library/Application Support/myAppFolder/. Am I correct that I need
to sandbox the app before I can write a file there?

I read an LC lesson that said no special entitlements are required to create an app folder and
a file. I can't test it myself because I already have full access.

If this is correct so far, then do I just need to provide the sandbox entitlement and nothing else?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com