Code-Signing Frustration

prothero at earthlearningsolutions.org prothero at earthlearningsolutions.org
Mon Jun 19 10:24:02 EDT 2023

Panos:
The UDID is the correct one for the new iPhone. I had updated it. I get the error message when I’m loading the app for debug, directly from the livecode IDE. It’s where you can choose to debug in the simulator, or if the iPhone is plugged in, directly on the iphone. If I try to just build the iOS app, I don’t get an error message. I’m not loading it from XCode directly, but am using the debug command in the Livecode IDE.

Best,
Bill

> On Jun 18, 2023, at 9:34 PM, panagiotis m via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Bill,
>
> I am sorry for the confusion, I meant UDID, not uuid.
>
> In other words, the profile must include the id of the devices in which it
> is allowed to install your app. You said this is a new device, so could it
> be the case that the UDID that is included in your profile (I see only one
> UDID in the profile you posted) is the one of your old device?
>
> Also, just to double check, when do you get the error message? Is it when
> building the iOS standalone app, or when trying to install the app in your
> connected device (via xcode)?
>
> Kind regards,
> Panos
>
> On Mon, 19 Jun 2023, 00:30 prothero--- via use-livecode, <
>
>> Panos:
>> Sorry, yes, I see the UUID listed in the provisioning profile. But this
>> could be the issue. I could find the UDID, but no the UUID. Argg.
>>
>> Apple seems to want folks to use UDID instead of UUID.
>>
>> How can I get the UUID of my iPHone?
>>
>> Best,
>> Bill
>>
>>> On Jun 18, 2023, at 1:53 PM, prothero--- via use-livecode <
>>>
>>> Panos:
>>>
>>> I am re-posting my provisioning profile. I don’t see it in my returned
>> emails, so here it is.
>>>
>>> The profile in my mobiledevice/provisioning profiles/ library is, from
>> the listing in the ../mobileprofiles directory in the Library directory:
>>>
>>> Profile Name: waterdetectivev6
>>> App ID Name: WaterDetective
>>> WaterDetective
>>> App ID: 8ZD6TKFXZV.org.earthednet.waterdetective
>>> 8ZD6TKFXZV.org.earthednet.waterdetective
>>> Team: William Prothero (8ZD6TKFXZV)
>>> William Prothero (8ZD6TKFXZV)
>>> Platform: iOS
>>> UUID: cb1a5510-b5f6-4593-a6bf-e398ee6953f3
>>> Creation Date: Jun 16, 2023 at 3:20:07 PM PDT
>>> Expiration Date: Jun 15, 2024 at 3:20:07 PM PDT
>>> -----------
>>> ENTITLEMENTS
>>> application-identifier:
>>> 8ZD6TKFXZV.org.earthednet.waterdetective
>>> keychain-access-groups:
>>> 8ZD6TKFXZV.*, com.apple.token
>>> get-task-allow:
>>> true
>>> com.apple.developer.team-identifier:
>>> 8ZD6TKFXZV
>>> CERTIFICATES
>>> Name:
>>> Apple Development: William Prothero (74Z6M5N26A)
>>> Creation Date:
>>> Jun 15, 2023 at 1:44:02 PM PDT
>>> Serial Number:
>>> 1BA6D4C855D751FFD3C36FDC04A5026E