How to persuade LC to accept Xcode for mobile support?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Jul 25 14:10:13 EDT 2023

Apologies for what is surely a FAQ, but I can't find this in the archives.

Using LC 9.6.8 on macOS 12.6.7 with Xcode 13.4.1, trying to get set up for
building to iOS for the first time in a long while; and failing at the first
hurdle.

In Preferences, Mobile Support, under iOS SDKs, I click "Add Entry" and select
Xcode; and get the dreaded message
	The chosen folder is not a valid iOS SDK.
	Selected Xcode must have an iOS SDK among:
		12.1
		13.2
		14.4
		15.2

Per https://livecode.com/resources/support/ask-a-question/ one of the
supported combinations is:
LiveCode 9.6.8 	Xcode 13.2.x 	Mac OS 11.3+ 	iOS 15.2

This is Xcode 13.4.1 rather than Xcode 13.2.x  - is that really the problem?
Or am I missing something else?

TIA,

Ben