Android app black screen?

Mark Smith marksmithhfx at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 05:14:17 EDT 2023

Hi Klaus,

I’ve had similar things happen on iOS, perhaps more recently in the past year than previously. Sometimes when I open the app (I’m not sure at these times if the app is just suspended or is actually reopening) I’ll get a black screen. If I tap on it 90% of the time it goes away and reveals the appropriate screen image. Very rarely the single or multiple taps solution does not work I’ve had to shut the app down (remove from memory) and then restart it again. This always fixes the problem (if the tapping doesn’t). It’s had me wondering where in the process it “hangs” since tapping the screen suggests it is still “alive" but just stuck somewhere and not displaying the appropriate screen image. On iOS I believe when you suspend an app (put it into the background) it just “maintains” the current screen image and re-presents that when you reopen. Up to now I’ve not spend any time trying to debug this. It would be nice to be able to trace the problem back to its origins and institute a remedy. Please let me know if you come up with any suggestions.

Best,
Mark