Speed Improvements

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Jul 21 19:40:58 EDT 2023

Hi all.

I put a compiled version of Forms Generator 8 on a PC recently, and I would like to say that the speed improvements are very substantial from what I was experiencing in the past. SQL queries as well as file operation seem to be almost as fast as on my MacOS laptop. I would not hesitate to distribute a Windows app now, whereas before I would have been hard pressed.

I will say that I streamlined my code to ensure I was not inadvertently re-querying for the same data, and the VM I am running it on has been migrated to another server, but even still I had tested on new PCs with SSD drives in the past and was getting disappointing results, whereas now I can hardly blink and a full query dataset is loaded and displayed.

Kudos to the dev team!

Bob S