Has anyone experimented with using Python within LC?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 21:20:35 EDT 2023

I just checked, and this in a stack script works perfectly:

function pythonFile p
   put the filename of this stack into fp
   set the itemdel to "/"
   put the long seconds into fn
   replace "." with "_" in fn
   put "_temp.py" after fn
   put fn into item -1 of fp
   put p into url ("file:" & fp)
   return shell(quote & "<path to python>" & quote && quote & fp & quote)
end pythonFile

In the real world you'd probably want to set up a single external file (or
set of files? if performance is important and the files need to be used
repeatedly?) and check to make sure you're not accidentally overwriting
something.

On Thu, Jul 20, 2023 at 4:07 PM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <