Writing to Mac Support folder

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jul 3 15:44:33 EDT 2023

On 6/30/23 1:32 AM, matthias rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
> This is what Apple says:
>
> "If you distribute your macOS app through the App Store, you must enable App Sandbox. If you notarize your macOS app to distribute it outside of the App Store, you must enable hardened runtime and, optionally, can also enable App Sandbox."
> https://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/devf87a2ac8f

If I have notarized the app, is hardened runtime enabled? I don't even know what that means.

I use mrSignNotarizeHelper. I tried to enable entitlements, but I don't need any of the listed
ones and if none are selected then the Entitlements checkbox reverts to off. I assume that
means my app is not sandboxed?

How do I sandbox the app, and would that allow it to write to the App Support folder? Does LC
automatically enable hardened runtime?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com