Chat and textarea formatting

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Feb 14 19:49:22 EST 2023

It's not really a LC question, it's an HTML thing :-)

textarea etc. only handle plain (unformatted) text.

Googling for suggestions I can only find two common answers:

1. horribly complicated ways to add Javascript to your script to handle
formatting

2. "use TinyMCE"

I'd go for the second alternative. I did use it years ago, and it was (I
think I remember) quite easy, but I haven't used it for a long, long time.

Alex.