Unable to build for Mac: adding ad-hoc signature failed

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed Aug 9 09:41:41 EDT 2023

Every version of Xocde come with it own version of command line tools.
If you are just creating macOS standalones then you just need the command line tools.
But if you are also planning to create iOS apps then you'll need the complete Xcode package.

To install just the command line tools run the following command from terminal

xcode-select --install

This should download and install the most current version of command line tools or better said, the most current version that is available for your installed macOS.

Regards,
Matthias