error while signing Android app

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Apr 20 12:11:48 EDT 2023

I did a search for the first few words of the error message and got a lot
of hits. Here's one:

https://stackoverflow.com/users/login?ssrc=head&returnurl=https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f23750259%2fcertificate-chain-not-found-how-to-fix-and-publish-to-google-play-store

There are several solutions but it sounds like the keystore file can't be
found, or else the alias name doesn't match the keystore fillename. It may
be that the keystore tool you're using assigned a different alias name.

I wonder if diacriticals or foreign characters may interfere. Name your
alias and keystore with a single word using only plain ascii, no spaces or
punctuation. The outside world will never see it.

It's not hard to just use Terminal to generate your own keystore. That way
you know what's in there.

Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
On April 20, 2023 4:16:55 AM Klaus major-k via use-livecode