How to split a large xml file

kee nethery kee.nethery at elloco.com
Sat Apr 1 10:19:20 EDT 2023

I had to do this once upon a time and I used some of the unix commands in Terminal on a mac. The command is “split” and it was wicked fast. Just be sure to work on a copy of the file. Many examples on the interwebs. If you were going to do this day in a day out, yes, a GUI app would be a good idea. But for an infrequent thing … use “split”.

https://kb.iu.edu/d/afar

https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/split-command-in-linux-with-examples/

I think I split mine into 5Gb files and used BBEdit to open and examine them. Not sure what maximum size file LiveCode can parse so you might want to adjust. But for sure BBEdit was a champ in opening them and scrolling through them easily.

Kee Nethery