How to split a large xml file

jbv at souslelogo.com jbv at souslelogo.com
Sat Apr 1 08:17:22 EDT 2023

Hi list,

I have a 75Go xml file that I need to process, and therefore
need to split it into smaller files.
I tried to do that with LC, reading successive chunks of 50000
lines with an endless loop and save them in successive files,
but it crashes LC (9.6.9 on OSX 10.15) every time before
finishing.
Of course, I am interested in any working solution using LC.

On the other hand, I found EasySplitMerge that runs on Mac
and the free trial version works fine on files under 30Mb.
Does anyone have any experience with it on larger files ?
I'd be interested in any feedback before purchasing a
license.
https://www.321soft.com/easysplitmerge/

Thank you in advance.
jbv