Standardize Font Appearance

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Sep 13 16:00:54 EDT 2022

On 13/09/2022 03:51, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:

> So help me understand: what are you working on where a user expects
> fine-grained font rendering consistency on multiple OSes? What do
> these apps do?

One example that (almost) applied for me was where the target display is
not an OS, and indeed the viewer doesn't think they are looking at a
'computer', e.g. an information display in a museum.

I started doing something like this for a local organisation, but their
funding never materialized. But while talking about it, they had no idea
whether they'd use Macs or PCs or most likely both, and  they expected
it to look the same regardless, and they wanted the content creator (who
would typically only have one of the platforms to try it out on) to be
able to get a good idea of how things would look.

Alex.