Standardize Font Appearance

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Sep 13 15:02:44 EDT 2022

I already leave a bit of air around my controls. Something I learned from a design guy years ago.

Bob S

On Sep 13, 2022, at 11:40 , Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com<mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

> Perhaps what would be useful is if there was an Autofit property for
> fields that would adjust the width and height of a field, instead of
> having to manually do it. Otherwise I can do it programmatically.

It would be more convenient to have a property to set the width to the formattedWidth, but it raises another question: what do you do with the space saved?

That is, if the layout it too tight to allow some extra space in a label field to accommodate the different HIG specs for each platform, when a field is automatically readjusted as proposed then wouldn't you also need to adjust surrounding controls to take advantage of the change?

--
Richard Gaskin
Fourth World Systems