Standardize Font Appearance

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Sep 2 10:59:25 EDT 2022

I read a blog some years back why it is so difficult to get nything on Windows to look like it does on the Mac. It is true that Windows renders fonts differently that Mac, so "exactly the same" remains the realm of the imagined. But you can get close. My big issue was that using Arial, labels that were right aligned and auto fitted on the Mac would overflow the left f the label on Windows.

Now I am using Aclonica for form headers, Acme for labels and Actor for fields, buttons and grids. (Didn't have to look far did I?) I'm pretty happy now with the rendering of each on both platforms.

Bob S