NAVRAD was: lcb missing manual

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Thu Sep 1 13:32:12 EDT 2022

I took a major stab at LCB and created a new widget based on the navbar widget. I have made 2 changes to the navbar and call it navrad. It does not modify the stock navbar. With almost no docs it was a challenge. There were so many unknowns I got a few giant headaches. It adds 4 new properties(iconFill,autoRADHilite,preHilitedItem, preHilitedItemName) and 1 new message(preHiliteChanged). I updated the documentation so the new properties and message show in the dictionary with example(search for "navrad" or just "rad").
One thing I ran into was that I had to call the "autohilite" property autoRADHilite because using any existing property causes a confilict that I could not get around without sufficient docs. It does show in the property inspector as "auto hilite". These changes allow 1)enlarge/center the icon if there is no label 2)intercept a selection before it is hilited and make a choice to hilite and send the stock hiliteChanged message (or not). Why no label? For one social media icons don’t need labels. Why a pre message? Someone suggested it and I thought it was a great idea. Backwards compatible with existing navbar LCS code. The was an auto sizing to card width request. I will look to see if I can do it without more docs(or help).

If anyone would like to try it and find any bugs it's at ==> https://www.dropbox.com/s/51zm4m8dip49jov/com.livecode.widget.navrad.2.0.0.lce?dl=0

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services