PHP -> curl -> LC

jbv at souslelogo.com jbv at souslelogo.com
Sun Oct 16 14:21:39 EDT 2022

Hi list,

In several of my web projects, I have a main php script that
triggers various LC scripts for specific tasks that are often
easier to code in xTalk.
To trigger those LC scripts I use curl and urls in the form :
https://domain.com/irev/script.lc?a=parameters

But very often, the php and LC scripts are on the same server
and on the same account, such as on-rev.
Therefore I've always wondered if there was another way to
trigger the LC scripts from PHP, like for example not using
http, but "inside" the server, by addressing the LC script
via "home/public_html/account/irev/script.lc" ...
Of course, the idea is to be able to use parameters as well,
and to return processed data.
The main idea is :
- to make the whole thing faster than via http
- to keep things within the server and therefore more secure.

Sorry if this sounds like a newbie question.
Thank you in advance.

jbv