"normal" Android app icon looks strange in LC 9.6.9 rc1

panagiotis m merakosp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 09:08:10 EDT 2022

Hello Klaus,

What you see is the expected result. In fact, this is the reason one has to
use adaptive icons. You can use adaptive icons for non Google Play Store
apps as well.

So, when you use a legacy icon, which is a square png, this does not
guarantee that the app icon in the Home screen will appear as a square
icon. If the app launcher shows all icons as e.g. circle icons, or as round
rectangles, then there are two possible outcomes when you provide a legacy
icon:

- either your app will stand out from the others (in a negative sense)
because it will appear as the square icon among circle icons
- or your app icon will appear as a circle that has the original square
icon in it.

I hope this makes sense :)

Kind regards,
Panos
--

On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 at 15:40, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <