IP address and Country

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Mon Nov 14 23:22:15 EST 2022

You can use a website with a api that you send a HTTP request with an IP address parameter to and which returns the country info.

Here is an example I found of one site.

https://ipapi.co/api/#introduction

HTTP Request

GET https://ipapi.co/{ip}/{format}/

URL Parameters

Parameter	Description
ip			An IP address for which you want to retrieve the location
format		Data format of response, possible values are json, jsonp, xml, csv, yaml

E.g.

	https://ipapi.co/8.8.8.8/json/

It is free for up to 30K requests per month,  after that there is a fee.

https://ipapi.co/#pricing

Martin Koob