LC Date Conversions post 2035

Mark Clark markclark at mac.com
Mon Nov 7 07:35:44 EST 2022

Thanks for the quick responses. In this case I did indeed use a 4 digit year as initial input (always), but still managed to shoot myself with a second conversion step.

Converted my nicely formed input text to dateitems -- all good. Did my addition for renewal days to item 3. Check. Then I converted that back to date. Uh oh, not check. Should have been long date.

If we had it to do all over again I'd say let's make the function date always be the full year and only using the form short date would get you the two digit year. Long date would remain unchanged.

Or, ya know, I could just pay better attention! ;)

Mark