LC Date Conversions post 2035

Andreas Bergendal andreas.bergendal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 02:49:22 EST 2022

Had to test this out of curiosity. Indeed, when using 2-digit year, that is the result, as expected and explained in the dictionary entry for centuryCutoff.

But how far does the 4-digit conversion work? Here’s what I’ve found:
- On Windows 10, it works until year 3000, and stops working on year 3001 (it just returns the input without converting).
- On MacOS 12.6 it works at least until year 2.100.000.000 (which is a Sunday… :). By that time we should be expecting LC v14 or something, or maybe that LC rules the galaxy, so I hope that’s sorted by then… :D