Substacks

Jim At Consensus jmac at consensustech.com
Sun May 29 09:48:59 EDT 2022

At the risk of repeating someone else’s suggestion. I address this by have an on closeStsck handler in the main stack. I’m in my phone so don’t have access to code but it’s along the lines of:

On closeStack
If the short name of me is “xxxx” then closeStack
End closeStack

Works rely  as bay for me though variations could include “if name is not “xxx” then exit closeStsck

Will see which is correct when I get to my machine.

Good Luck.

Jim

NOTE: This has worked reliably for years. I doubt something has changed but perhaps?

NOTE 2: To avoid the “mental pain” of not having something like this working, I’d recommend creating a new stack and sub stack combination just to trouble shoot the problem. I’d say 9 times out of 10, I can get the simple test to work which points me to some other issue I never would have discovered that ended up being the issue (like not remembering that before my closeStack was issued, i navigated back to the main stack by a go card “YYYY” of the main stack as part of my trying to figure out what was happening but the timing was such I never saw the transition.)

Sent from Jim's iPhone
Please excuse brevity, typos and errors