Substacks

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat May 28 16:30:10 EDT 2022

In an app, the mainstack is the home stack. If it's closed and no other
stack is open then the app will quit. But if you open a substack, the app
can't quit because the substack is part of the stackfile but the mainstack
is still marked as closed. So the trick is not to close the mainstack, just
hide it instead when you open the substack. When you close the substack,
show the mainstack.

At least, that's what I think is happening.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
On May 28, 2022 2:42:24 PM General 2018 via use-livecode

> Thanks for the tip but still no good.
>
> So button in “xyz” substack with close stack “xyz” still closes all ?
>
> Regards Camm
>
>> On 28 May 2022, at 17:29, Thomas von Fintel via use-livecode
>> <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> did you try  close stack "xyz" ? Thias works for me, in the IDE at least,
>> both if called from the mainstack and from the substack. Only the substack
>> is closed.
>>
>> Livecode 9.6.7 and Windows 10
>>

>> Hope this helps
>>
>> Thomas
>>

>>> Am 28.05.2022 um 16:15 schrieb General 2018 via use-livecode:
>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>> New to substacks - I have a “mainstack” used as a menu page for 2x “substacks”
>>>
>>> When “substacks” opened from “mainstack” they open fine using — go to stack
>>> “xyz”
>>>
>>> The problem is closing of the “substacks” using - close stack, go to
>>> “mainstack” or close this stack it always closes (quit) everything. Need
>>> “mainstack” to reappear/remain ?
>>>
>>> Looked at docs and other posts. But stuck no doubt I have missed something.
>>>
>>> Livecode 9.6.6 and Win 10
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Cam