Is it a bug?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon May 23 14:22:23 EDT 2022

I found one thing I think is a bug, and I'd like to report it, but I want to see if anyone else thinks this may be the expected behavior:

It seems to me that when clicking and holding the mouse button down on an pulldown menu, then releasing outside that menu so that no menu item is actually selected, the parameter passed to menuPick ought to be empty, if menuPick even should get sent in the first place. What it actually does is it passes the first menu item, even though that item was not specifically chosen.

If you click AND release while still IN the pulldown menu so that the menu remains expanded, THEN click off the menu, MenuPick never even gets sent to the pulldown menu, which is what one would expect.

This is on MacOS 10.15.7 Catalina running 9.6.7 Pro.

What say you?

Bob S