Maximum length of mySQL request ?

jbv at souslelogo.com jbv at souslelogo.com
Fri May 20 11:56:21 EDT 2022

Le 2022-05-20 11:24, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode a écrit :
> I googled around a bit and there doesn't seem to be a limit on
> statement length. I will say though that the nature of the query
> indicates a possible design issue with the database. I suspect however
> that you are at the mercy of someone else's schema. That there is no
> common denominator you can query on is to me remarkable. How are you
> obtaining your IDs then?

Thank you for your reply.
I also did some google search before asking the question, but didn't
find anything, only about the size of the data returned by mySQL.

What makes you think of a possible design issue ?
The ids are auto-incremented every time a new entry is added to the
table, and the ids in the request are obtained by intersecting various
multi-dimensional arrays that make very complex searches very fast
(less than 1 sec, when it takes 5 to 10 sec with regular SQL queries).