Decrypting (and encrypting) Large files

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue May 10 15:35:18 EDT 2022

Mark Clark wrote:

 > Wondering if anyone has used LiveCode for encrypting-decrypting large
 > files?
 > I’m thinking about using LC for decrypting zip compressed log files
 > that can be multiple gigabytes in size. I’d like to use just LC vs.
 > resorting to shell if possible.

What is behind the preference to roll your own rather than call existing
purpose-built command-line tools from LC with shell()?

Your chunking described in your latest post seems the way to go, AFAIK
pretty much how other tools would handle it.

Another option:  if you're in an environment where even log files
require strong encryption, could you pipe log data to a separate secured
log server instead?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems