Emojis in Text

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Fri Mar 18 19:16:02 EDT 2022

Dan:
 > I save that text somewhere like a database. When I load it back
 > (into a LC field for display), it appears as a question mark. What up?

Paul:
 > make sure they are not being lost in the upload to the database -
 > the database encoding needs to support some Unicode encoding like UFT8

I love Unicode Emojis. 😍
Very useful although not consistent between platforms! 😭

To/from a database usually needs more care with the methods,
but Paul's info about encoding should get you back up and running. 🚑

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"
Innovative Christian LiveCode Training and Consulting
http://livecodeconsulting.com/