How to access scripts on a modal card that is stuck / not visible?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Mar 18 13:23:11 EDT 2022

Modes are only for stacks and can't be used for individual cards. It sounds
like the whole stack is going modal. There are several ways to edit a
script for a control.

1. Click the script lines in the project browser, or right click the
control in the app browser and choose "edit script".
2. In the message box: edit script of <control>. I.e., edit script of btn 1
3. Turn off messages in the toolbar. Then you can edit scripts as usual.
4. Choose the edit tool, right click the control, choose to edit the script.
5. If the stack is already in modal mode, use the message box to: toplevel
<stack name>. Or Cmd-Opt-Shift click the stack and choose toplevel from the
Mode menu item. (I assume on Windows that's control-alt-shift.)

There are also other keyboard shortcuts but those should get you started.
Since the mode doesn't change unless you click the button, you should be
able to edit the script normally if you don't do that.

You can display a substack as a modal login, or use a group on the current
card.

Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
On March 18, 2022 5:31:04 AM Keith Clarke via use-livecode