10.0.0-dp-2 html5 and liburlLastRHHeaders()

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu Mar 17 05:58:23 EDT 2022

On 2022-03-16 14:15, Bernard Devlin via use-livecode wrote:
> If one could get hold in Livecodescript of the Javascript Request
> object
> that was sent to the server, then one might be able to get hold of the
> Response headers.
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/XMLHttpRequest/getAllResponseHeaders
>
> My guess is that the shim is getting hold of this information but for
> some
> strange reason it is stripping out most of the headers.

We already use that JS API to implement lastRHHeaders - we just return
the value it returns verbatim.

Therefore, I'm guessing this is something the API is doing. The only
thing which may give a hint is (in that doc):

   'For multipart requests, this returns the headers from the current
part of the request, not from the original channel.'

Not sure whether that applies in this case or not (except that POST is
generally used in multipart requests I think...)

Anyway, file a bug with an example if you can and we'll take a look.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps