Excel_Lib on Mac

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed Mar 16 08:35:46 EDT 2022

I tried with a sample stack here with Livecode 10 and had the exact problem.

I then tried Livecode 9.6.3 and got a macOS system pop up with the following message
LiveCode Business 9.6.3.app“ möchte Zugriffsrechte, um „Microsoft Excel.app“ zu steuern. Durch die Erlaubnis zum Steuern kann auf Dokumente und Daten in „Microsoft Excel.app“ zugegriffen werden und Aktionen können in dieser App durchgeführt werden.

something like this in English:
Livecode Business... wants to have access rights to control Microsfot Excel app. By granting access documents and data in Microsoft Excel.app can be accessed and actions can be done.

After confirming/allowing  Livecode was listed under Automation in System Preferences -> Security

And the funny part of this is, that not LC 9.6.3 is listed now under Automation, but LC 10 DP2.

I tested then with 9.6.3 and with 10DP and it works now in both editions.

Matthias