What version of Ubuntu does LiveCode (9.6.6) support?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Mar 10 10:29:26 EST 2022

Just read the release notes (for 9.6.6, but also for 10.0.0.dp2) which say

> LiveCode supports the following Linux distributions, on 32-bit or 64-bit Intel/AMD or compatible processors:
> 	Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04
> 	Fedora 23 & 24
> 	Debian 7 (Wheezy) and 8 (Jessie) [server] CentOS 7 [server]

Is that correct - i.e. Ubuntu 18 is NOT supported? Might this be my problem
with "libexpat.so.1"?

(I question it only because the 9.6.6 version of the User Guide says
> The minimal requirements for LiveCode to run on Linux are:
>  32-bit installation, or a 64-bit linux distribution that has a 32-bit compatibility layer
>  2.4.x or later kernel
which is clearly out of date.)

Is anyone running LiveCode, or at least standalones built from LiveCode, on
Ubuntu 18? Or is that my problem?

TIA,

Ben