arrayencode

Ralf Bitter rabit at revigniter.com
Thu Jun 23 12:48:05 EDT 2022

On 23.06.22 14:23, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode wrote:

> On 23/06/2022 10:31, Ralf Bitter via use-livecode wrote:
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> the JSONtoArray() function is part of the mergJSON external.
>> The README of this external describes how to use this function
>> and it's counterpart JSONtoArray as follows:
>>
> Thanks Ralf. I did see that code in the dictionary - but it also says
> that those functions are provided in
> thews.goulding.script-library.mergjson library, so (I think) I shouldn't
> need to put them in myself.
>
> In fact, I did try it anyway - but that simply changes the error to
> "handler not found: mergJSONDecode"

Hi Alex, have you added the mergJSON External to your server
installation? I have just tested this again, actually it should work.
My LC Server version is 9.6.6.

>> Another option would be to load the JSON extension and to use
>> the JsonImport() function.
>>
> Didn't know about jsonImport; it's not mentioned in the dictionary, but
> I now see it shows up in a few lessons, etc.
>
> However,I think the real problem for me is "... to load the JSON
> extension ...". I wasn't aware I had to load those extensions which are
> already part of the standard package (maybe I did that years ago and
> have had time to forget :-).
>
> I can't find anything about loading extensions other than what to do in
> the IDE.
>
> How do you load extensions to LC Server ?  On a shared web provider ?
> (on-rev)

You guessed it, use "load extension", example (tested on on-rev):

load extension from file
"/home/rabit/public_html/ritest/application/extensions/com.livecode.library.json/module.lcm"

Ralf