Referencing Livecode

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Fri Jun 17 13:55:21 EDT 2022

What about this link from the LiveCode.com site?

https://livecode.com/core-benefits-of-livecode/

 It summarizes what LiveCode is and gives a comparison of LiveCode script to code in JavaScript, PHP and Java.

It even mentions an academic article:

"A 2016 peer reviewed study conducted at Southern Cross University Australia and University of Newcastle”.

Unfortunately it does not include a reference to the study.

I looked around and found a conference paper in 2015 that probably what they are referring to.

Using Cognitive Load Theory to select an Environment for Teaching Mobile Apps Development
January 2015
Conference: Australasian Computing Education Conference 2015 (ACE2015)
At: Sydney, Australia
Volume: 160.

Here is a link to that conference paper where you can download it.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/269337987_Using_Cognitive_Load_Theory_to_select_an_Environment_for_Teaching_Mobile_Apps_Development

Perhaps this was published in a journal in 2016 or publication in the 2015 conference proceedings is what they are referring to.

Martin