[ANN] Release 9.6.8 RC-3
panos.merakos at livecode.com
Mon Jul 4 11:08:50 EDT 2022
Dear list members,
We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 9.6.8 RC-3.
Getting the Release
You can find the release in your LiveCode account area or get it via the
automatic updater. To find the 9.6.8 RC-3 test release in your LiveCode
account, please scroll down to below the list of stable releases, to find
your available test releases.
LiveCode 9.6.8 RC-3 comes with 1 regression bugfix:
- The standalone builder now ensures all executables in a macOS standalone
only contain the requested architectures
For the full list of all fixes, updates and enhancements please see the
- The Browser widget's native layer is not shown in some Linux distros with
Cinnamon window manager.
- The use of the Browser widget is not supported on Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit LTS
To build iOS apps with LiveCode you must have the appropriate versions of
Xcode as follows:
- macOS 10.13.4: Xcode 10.1 - LiveCode builds iOS apps using the iOS 12.1
- macOS 10.14.4: Xcode 11.3.x - LiveCode builds iOS apps using the iOS
- macOS 10.15.4: Xcode 12.4.x - LiveCode builds iOS apps using the iOS
- macOS 11+ : Xcode 13.2.x - LiveCode builds iOS apps using the iOS 15.2
There is a full list of working LiveCode/macOS/Xcode combinations here:
Note: Whilst we endeavour to release updated versions of LiveCode
supporting the latest Xcode/iOS SDKs as quickly as possible; we strongly
recommend disabling automatic update of Xcode or downloading the specific
version of Xcode required directly from the Apple developer portal and
installing it separately.
Important: From the start of April 2022, Apple is only accepting apps built
using iOS15.x SDKs. This means that, if you wish to submit apps to the
AppStore you will have to be running at least macOS 11 in order to be able
to install the necessary version of Xcode.
To build macOS apps with an Apple architecture slice requires macOS High
Sierra (10.13) or higher.
Please report any bugs encountered on our quality center at
We have a forum available for discussing LiveCode at
The LiveCode Team
More information about the use-livecode