Is LC encryption different for Mac than for Windows??

Phil Davis phil at pdslabs.net
Fri Jul 1 21:23:28 EDT 2022

I don't know about newer LC versions, but some older ones don't do "read
from socket <socket> until EOF" correctly. Because of that, I added a
data header containing the length of the data in bytes. On the receiving
end, something like this happens:

    read from socket <socket> for 1 line
    put it into tLength
    read from socket <socket> for tLength
    put it into tData
    close socket <socket>

I add error-checking of course.

HTH -
Phil

On 7/1/22 6:10 PM, Phil Davis via use-livecode wrote:
> I was about to suggest that - you beat me to it. My client/server apps
> use base64 encode/decode as the final "envelope" for the data before
> network transfer. But I have LC on both ends of the transfer, and you
> may not. But ultimately it shouldn't matter.
>
> Phil Davis
>

> On 7/1/22 6:05 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:
>> Okay so I base64Encoded the encrypted string before sending over the
>> wire, and base64Decoded on the receiving end. Same thing coming back.
>> I am still getting the error. It's not a problem with sending data
>> over the wire.
>>
>> Bob S
>>

>>> On Jul 1, 2022, at 17:55 , Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
>>> <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> <sigh> That's supposed to be Binary Encoding

Phil Davis
(503) 307-4363