Sharing a desktop app, or with beta testers

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Thu Jan 27 17:14:44 EST 2022

William,

i just tried in a Monterey VM

the syntax
pw=YourPassword; echo $pw | sudo -S ....... works here as long as i do not have a $ sign in my password.

The problem seems to be that the dollar sign is a special character in shell. I am not a shell expert, but i've read that strings that contain dollar signs has to be in single quotes.

I've putted the password in single quotes and it worked then altough it contained the dollar sign.

I will adjust the sample stack.

Regards,
Matthias