video formats for Windows in LC 9.6.5?

Curt Ford curt at sonasoftware.com
Fri Jan 21 12:13:56 EST 2022

A client has asked me to update a project from a few years ago that
includes a few videos. In the previous version we used clips in MP4
format with the suffix .m4v;  the codecs (judging from Get Info on a
Mac) are H.264, AAC. These worked well on both platforms before.

With LiveCode 9.6.5 on Windows, the .m4v videos are not showing –
there's just a blank space above the control bar. I'm seeing this in
Windows 11, and clients have confirmed the same on their end with
Windows 7 and 10. The .m4v videos do play OK on my system in Windows
Media Player, and I am able to play an .avi video in LiveCode on my system.

Are there any tips for using H.264 videos on Windows with 9.6.5?

Thanks!

-Curt
--
Sent from Postbox