Mostly OT

Mark Smith marksmithhfx at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 12:28:20 EST 2022

Hi Curry, Ray Dalio has a new book out on this subject you may find interesting (The Changing World Order). There is a chapter on Linked In if you have access to it (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/chapter-7-us-china-relations-wars-ray-dalio/ <https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/chapter-7-us-china-relations-wars-ray-dalio/>) or possibly on other sites as well. I went to a talk he gave online last week. Fascinating broad thinker. Modelling these kinds of dynamics in software (like MIT did) requires tracking hundreds, perhaps thousands, of different variables and all their permutations and combinations. It’s a bit like forecasting weather: typically reserved for super computers. Okay, I’m convinced we have now drifted WAYYYY off topic 😉

Mark